Skip to main content

The Bookshop Hotel Review

Title: The Bookshop Hotel
Author: A.K. Klemm
Published: September 23, 2013
18757110

After returning to her hometown of Lily Hollow, AJ Rhys sets to fulfilling her childhood dream of restoring the old hotel on Aspen Court. With nothing but the legacy of her great grandfather and the help of two dedicated strangers, AJ begins transforming the once grand hotel into her ideal bookshop and refuge. Only after the renovations are in full swing does it become apparent that the hotel is having an effect on the town and everyone in it. The memory of a past that still haunts both AJ and Lily Hollow finally begins to release its grip as the Bookshop Hotel becomes the tie that binds its patrons together. A story of family, tragedy, forgiveness and the power of books, The Bookshop Hotel is an intriguing introduction to the residents of a small town where the past is never far away and secrets remain just below the surface.


3 out of 5 Stars.
Received from author in exchange for an honest review..
AJ always dreamed of turning the hotel into a book shop, and when she returns to Lily Hollow, that is exactly what she does. After the death of her husband and her grandfather, who left the hotel to her, she starts renovations. She has the opportunity to turn the hotel into a hotel and a book shop, which was always her dream. 

AJ hires Matthew as her assistant and begins to fall for him. After being broken by her husbands death, she doesn't realize, at first, that she is falling for Matthew. But with the help of her newest employee, she realizes just what she wants in her life. 

This isn't a book I would normally read, but I am glad I had the opportunity to read it and feel what the characters were feeling. This isn't just a story about a bookshop inside a hotel, it's a story about how life can change even after something traumatizing can happen. It's a story about returning to your roots and facing the people from your past. 

This book was wonderful, and I recommend it for anyone. There is no age restriction on this one and it's a short and easy read with a lot of life lessons.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year

I have been busy with work, moving, and other personal stuff that's been going on. I am hoping to get back to reviewing and reading very soon. I am reading a couple books right now. It's just a lot has been going on and I am sorry that I haven't been very active. My New Year's Resolution is to read a bunch of books this year and review every single one. Who knows if it will happen but that is my number one goal when it comes to reading. I have a bunch of other goals too but  just one for when it comes to reading. I am open to suggestions on good books to read. Lately I have been looking at a lot of Young Adult books that I missed out on because they were published after I graduated. Shoot me a message if you have any thoughts or suggestions on how i can improve the page. Thanks so much.

Legends Book Blitz

  Book & Author Details: Legends by Doug Solter (Skid #3) Publication date: September 2nd 2015 Genres: Contemporary, Young Adult Synopsis: Looking for an exciting young adult read about a kick-butt girl that doesn’t revolve around high school? Meet Samantha. She drove the car that killed her dad. Now racked with guilt, the 18-year-old-girl racer dedicates her life to becoming what her dad always planned her to be…a racing champion. Now demoted to number three driver, Samantha feels alienated from her friends on the crew and Manny. And the worst part of it is…she knows it was all her fault. Determined to make amends and save her Formula One career, Samantha re-commits herself to winning the championship. But how? How can she convince her boss to give back her car? How can she convince the crew that she’s changed? And how can she win eight consecutive races against the best drivers in the world? That’s what it will take for he...

Next Door To A Star Blog Tour

They like me...they like me not. NEXT DOOR TO A STAR by Krysten Lindsay Hager Genre: Young Adult Romance ★ SYNOPSIS ★ Hadley Daniels is tired of feeling invisible. After Hadley’s best friend moves away and she gets on the bad side of some girls at school, she goes to spend the summer with her grandparents in the Lake Michigan resort town of Grand Haven. Her next door neighbor is none other than teen TV star Simone Hendrickson, who is everything Hadley longs to be—pretty, popular, and famous—and she’s thrilled when Simone treats her like a friend. Being popular is a lot harder than it looks. It’s fun and flattering when Simone includes her in her circle, though Hadley is puzzled about why her new friend refuses to discuss her former Hollywood life. Caught up with Simone, Hadley finds herself ignoring her quiet, steadfast friend, Charlotte.  To make things even more complicated, along comes Nick Jenkins… He’s sweet, good-looking, and Hadley c...